1. This task is not on daily basis - certificates are generated for longer periods - year or more years
2. Settings for SSL in WHM is not on one place and that is bit confusing.
To secure communication on WHM's important services:- Web interface (WHM, cPanel, Webmail on SSL ports 2083, 2087, 2096)
- SMTP (Exim on port 25 - event. aditionally another)
- Mail (IMAP, POP3 -Dovecot on ports 993 and 995)
- SFTP (Pure-FTPD on port 20, 21, event. aditionally another)
it is required to get some certificate from CA (certificate authority). There are lot of CA - you can Google it and compare their prices. Proper type of certificate is Class 2 - organizations, for which proof of identity is required. But if you are individualist or small project you can save some money here. Class 1 certificate is sufficient which is intended for securing web-mail and simillar applications like cPanel / WHM is. Some CA providing Class 1 certificates for free of charge like StarCom CA.
Specific steps:1. Generate an SSL Certificate and Signing Request:
Go to WHM > SSL / TLS > Generate an SSL Certificate and Signing Request.
Fill all fields with your data. I recommend also filling last field to get certificate to email to have backup.
2. Sign your certificate by CA - cpecifics steps depends on CA.
3. As soon as CA sign the certificate you can install it to all services mentioned above under this navigation:
WHM > Service Configuration > Manage Service SSL Certificates